What I’ve been doing lately:
- I have been crocheting. A lot. A LOT. I’ve made a shawl to go with my wedding dress, a baby blanket, and have another baby blanket, a corner-to-corner blanket, and another shawl in progress. SO MUCH YARN.
- Oh yeah, and I’ve been planning mine and Ross’ wedding. We eloped a while ago (surprise!), and we’re having the celebration later this summer. Which involves lots of planning.
- Grad school. I swear I’ll eventually finish. At least I’m almost done for the semester. I’m making a My Little Pony metadata schema for one class! 😀
- Scootering. Lots and lots. Mia and Max both got baths yesterday!
- Helping my friends J and Kasi with their farm. They have Angora bunnies! Someday I shall make their fluff into something awesome.
- Riding with Ross on Garnet, his new motorcycle (named after Garnet from Steven Universe!), and Worf, J’s scooter (an honorable scooter!). I’m helping both Ross and J get used to ferrying around passengers. I am far less terrified of this than I used to be!
- I’ve been doing work things, like putting together video trainings and such. It’s awesome.
- I may have bought a ton of Star Trek figurines and spent some time putting them into silly situations. I call them my Space Friends!
What I haven’t been doing:
- Writing blog posts.
I’ve been a horrible blogger. I was so good earlier this year, making sure I had regular posts every week, and then life exploded and I got distracted. And then I actively avoided the blog, because I didn’t want to think about how long I’d neglected The Crafty Nerd. But here I am, dragging myself back in shame, the horrible blogger back to funnel some content into this site. With this essentially being my finals week, I’ll actually be able to post regularly all summer without getting too overwhelmed. But will I actually do it? Who knows. At least I have no shortage of things I’ll be able to blog about coming my way this summer. Like learning to spin my own yarn! And planning my wedding (and crocheting a gazillion roses for it). So, here’s to a summer that’s hopefully full of blog posts, and hopefully not full of a quiet blog.